15 February 2017
Process Operations Engineer - Kraken
To apply for this position please email your CV and a covering letter, quoting the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org
EnQuest is an independent oil and gas development and production company, focused on turning opportunities into value by targeting maturing assets and undeveloped oil fields. We are the largest UK independent oil producer in the UK North Sea, and have also established a presence in oil basins outside the UK North Sea, as part of our long term growth strategy.
Fundamental to EnQuest’s success to date is our greatest asset – our people. Their talent, expertise, knowledge, experience and commitment have delivered remarkable results and we continue to look for the same attributes in prospective new employees as we pursue plans for further development in the UKCS and internationally.
The successful candidate for this post will become part of a progressive, innovative and ambitious business that holds a distinct set of values, based on respect for the individual. As well as having the opportunity to pursue their goals and achieve their ambitions, they will also be encouraged to contribute fresh ideas and take on new challenges that test their abilities and elevate their performance to new levels.
- Process /Production Engineering support of floating and subsea operations
- Optimisation of production operations and surveillance through ownership of:
- Production loss management – causes and solutions
- Production Chemicals management and optimisation
- Root Cause Analysis
- Production Efficiency, working with Production and Reservoir Engineers
- Assist with the formulation and development of conceptual facilities engineering designs into functional scopes of work for new and existing assets in an effective and economical manner
- Adopt a Life of Field approach to de-bottleneck studies and plant optimisation
- Carry out regular offshore visits with a particular focus on Process Safety Systems and Audit follow up
- Act as EnQuest interface with the FPSO contractor, Engineering & Projects Teams as appropriate
- Provide advice and support to ensure the safe and efficient operation of topsides process and utilities plant and equipment, ensuring minimal environmental impact and advise on trouble-shooting activities
- Budget preparation and accountability for area of influence
- Support and promote Operational Excellence to the onshore and offshore teams
- Share learnings from other EnQuest operated assets with the FPSO contractor
- Research and apply best operational practice and promote safe behaviours
- Assist in Operational Risk Assessments to ensure Process Integrity
- Provide assurance regarding the competency, control and application of operational management systems and procedures and conduct audits as required
- Be responsible for both the acquisition and quality of operational data, and the use of this data to generate management information and reports
- Develop leading and lagging operational performance measures, and promote a culture of performance delivery
- Identify opportunities to improve cost and production efficiencies
- Liaise with peers, contractors, suppliers, vendors and agencies as required
- Provide operations input to the Management of Engineering Change, including participation in HAZOPS, HAZIDS and other relevant safety reviews
- Review and approve proposed engineering changes in line with the FPSO contractor MOC process and approved budget
- Liaise with the EnQuest subsea operations team to ensure safe and efficient operation of the subsea facilities including any inspection or maintenance scopes.
- Ensure topsides efficiency throughout the asset life cycle; including the identification of bottleneck/turndown issues, and equipment redundancy and obsolescence
- Take a process lead role in the review of planned maintenance shutdown and construction programmes including testing of subsea tree valves
- Consider the impact of future legislative change, and, where appropriate, develop risk-based mitigating action plans
- Perform a relevant onshore Emergency Response support role as required
- Ability to work with individuals from a varied background in a multi-cultural environment.
- Presents themselves in a professional and ethical manner appropriate to the EnQuest values.
- Maintain a safe working environment, complying with and promoting the Company’s HSE&A policy
- Works collaboratively within a team environment and takes initiative to get things done
- Ability to communicate in a respectful manner, both verbally and written.
Skills & attributes
- A motivated self-starter, proactive, flexible and able to respond positively to challenge and ad-hoc requests.
- Strives for continuous improvement; brings solutions and constantly seeks new and better ways to work.
- Needs to be commercially aware
- Good influencing skills
- Actively shares Company vision and demonstrates ability to adapt to change.
- Strong personal values and willing to take clear personal accountability for actions
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Articulates views in a concise and constructive manner
- Produces work of accurate and presentable quality in the appropriate formats
- Good organisational skills, SMART working methods and can demonstrate personal effectiveness in previous roles
Specific to role:
- Previous experience in North Sea oil and gas operations, with generalist knowledge of topsides, wells, pipelines and subsea facilities
- Proven experience related to process modelling
- Successful track record in supervising offshore production operations
Specific to role:
- A Degree in relevant engineering subject
- Working towards Chartered status
- Must be able to demonstrate continuing personal and professional development;
- Can explain learning and training experiences, both formal and informal.
- Current offshore survival, medical and MIST certification
To email this job description to a friend, please click here.