EnQuest has embarked on a major programme of work to extend the life of the Thistle platform.
The Thistle Late Life Extension (LLX) project is being implemented as the centrepiece of a strategy to recover a further 35million barrels of oil from the Thistle and Deveron fields.
The campaign underlines EnQuest’s commitment to invest in mature infrastructure possessing unrealised potential.
The LLX project represents a complete turnaround for a platform which in its latter years, under other operatorship, was being managed with a view to production ceasing.
The first phase of the programme took the form of a successful rig reactivation project. It facilitated a return to drilling that restored Thistle production figures to 1990s levels of performance.
Other key features:
- A major power upgrading, featuring the installation of a 30MW power generation turbine
- A process simplification exercise to create a fit for purpose and simplified plant
- A new process control and safety system
- Multi-faceted topsides integrity work
- Structure focused work-scopes to maintain the jacket integrity of Thistle, which was installed in 1976, over the life extension years